Mongongo – conventional (filtered to 0,1 micron), refined
Mongongo (Manketti) oil is derived from the nuts of Mongongo trees that could be found in Southern Africa. Botanically, the tree is called Schinziophytonrautanenii and belongs to family Euphorbiaceae. This oil has high content of Vitamin E, linoleic acid, Omega 6, iron, copper, magnesium and calcium
• Dry skin and skin disorders – since it is rich in vitamin E, it protects and helps rejuvenate the skin by removing dead skin cells and promotes anti-aging and reduces wrinkles.
• Natural sunscreen – traditionally, the oil is applied topically in order to protect the skin from the harmful rays of the sun thus prevents skin from sun burn, wrinkles and drying out.
• Astringent – has no trans-fat and it helps to tighten the pores and improves skin’s elasticity, thus providing a youthful looking skin.
• Face oil – it is non comedogenic which means it does not clog skin pores, thus an excellent make-up remover and a good alternative as an oil for face cleaning.
• Brittle nail – applied as a moisturizer thus it helps to strengthen nails preventing it from breakage.
• Hair and scalp – it provides moisture for hair and treats dry scalp conditions such as dandruff. General use of the Manketti oil in hair promotes healthy hair by locking in moisture on hair follicles thus keeping it stronger, manageable and frizz- free.
• Lips – it provides moisture and protection for the lips and used as treatment for chapped and sun burned lips when applied topically in a form of a lip balm.