Due to the tourism boom in SA, real estate is a vibrant field. We work with a number of really good small, medium and larger agencies in placing our students. All the companies we work with offer great opportunities to the interns – even the management of divisions e.g. rental and also involvement in actual sales. Facilities management is an excellent field for us. We have approximately 10 and more companies we place with regularly in the field.
Since 1994, this company has excelled in the sale of exclusive properties on the Cape coastline focusing on, Hout Bay, Llandudno, Clifton and Camps Bay. Other areas included in their field of expertise include Bantry Bay, Fresnaye and Bakoven in Cape Town and Bryanston in Johannesburg. In its portfolio, this property company offers beautiful unparalleled investment opportunities, whether they be apartments, townhouses, county estates, family homes, vacant land or large beachfront villas.
- Assist the sales and rental agents with day-to-day administration
- Type out property valuations and other letters,
- Prepare showpacks once a week for Sunday showhouses or mini-listings during the week
- Assist the sales agents from time to time with distributing marketing drops in the area
- Assist the agents with arranging appointments with clients
- Accompany the agents to sales appointments when necessary
- Take photographs of properties when necessary
- Do telephone canvassing if your command of the English language is good enough
- This internship will give you the opportunity to experience the workings of a dynamic and well known company that are proud of their worldwide success in the field of Real Estate.
Internship in a hospital:
You work along-side the head of engineering/facilities and would be involved with a number of smaller projects in a large hospital. Male students are preferred for this internship. Project work could be linked to problems with lifts, in kitchens, cleaning services, maintenance, signage etc. You need to be able to work fairly independently though.
FM Internship in an international NGO
This is one of the most active NGO’s world-wide. The offer is in their Southern African offices from where they work and do their missions.
You will be involved with the missions, planning of staff, equipment, the staff and volunteers, travel arrangements etc. This is a very responsible internship opportunity.
Alternatively you will be part of their fund-raising team and assist in one or more of their many projects. You will get to do your own projects as well.
We have had many people in the above positions over the years.
This is a great office, great staff and amazing work they do.
FM Internship in a large Advertising/Events company
We have 2 positions we regularly place interns with in this company – both suited for facilities interns. You will work on the events side of the company doing research, investigations to find opportunities, assist with the role-out of projects, co-ordinate logistics, work at events on the day, give support to the events team in setting up, working behind the scenes at events and much more. We have worked with this firm for many years with great success. The pace is fast and one day you will be dressed to kill, the next in jeans and t-shirts when you prepare for events. You will learn about all aspects of planning, executing and debriefing of events. You need to be a self-starter.
FM Internship in a events/company doing team building
This is one of our most sort after internship opportunities. You will work in a professional team to create activities, plan them, prepare for them, work with clients on the day, pack-up and prepare again for the next activity. Activities they arrange can vary from hikes, luxury boat or bus trips, cook-outs, bbq’s, cooking competitions, games days, other adventure activities etc. We need the very best people for this company as you need to be able to cope with a pressured environment, but also be able to work with people. If you are looking for a really awesome internship in events, this is it.
Internship in guest houses/ back packers/hotels/youth hostels
We have several offers working in these industries, doing just about everything. Tasks may range from Projects around the cleaning services, methods, staff management, processes, laundry services, safety & security, setting up of new facilities e.g. a gym, a restaurant or take-away facility risk assessments, building maintenance projects, corporate image and how to improve it, reception services and procedures, risks, improvement of facilities so that they become more financially viable, gardening and house-keeping services and much more.
You must be interested in these types of facilities and also be able to work with people.
Some of these internships actually offer great responsibility to the intern as well.
- You will need to be computer literate, have good general business management skills as well as customer care skills
- It would be expected that you are a disciplined self-motivated individual who could not only work independently, but also well with your fellow team members
- Study background or interest in Real Estate
- The applicant should be in good command of the English language, reliable, outgoing, have good people skills and be prepared and able to work under pressure
- It is essential to be mobile to really gain the maximum experience in the field - It is therefore advisable to rent a car.
- You need to be well groomed, professional in your dress code and well spoken.
Level of education:
Senior level studying real estate management or related fields.
Good working English and maybe another foreign language would be an advantage.